Thursday, October 10, 2013

Close the Deal

Good news! I am approaching the point where I could call this story finished and wrapped up. I've put down all of the chapters and tied them all together in various ways to make transitioning between chapters as smooth as possible. Furthermore, I've spent the last two weeks working rather intensively to go back and do some loose editing and additions, putting in stuff that wasn't there before, cleaning up stuff that was messy, etc.

Writing a book is a pain in the butt especially when you have to do it all yourself, this is to say that I am operating without a proof, edit, copy, or marketing staff... but who is? All I really feel the lack of are proofers. The stage I am entering now with this project is where I need proofers to come in and test my product, to make sure that I am not in denial about aspect that need to be changed. This does happen, you know.

However, since I have a total budget of $0 and no one I know is really into this sort of thing (I was thinking interests in lieu of payment), I'm going to have to do it myself and damned if I'm not going to beat the everloving shit out of it when I do. Seriously. I'm five inches away from putting the deathgrip on this proof read thing.

What I mean to say with all this is: it will be done soon!

Earlier this week I sat down and said: I'm almost done! Release it in seven days!

But then I said: I will release it when it is finished.

As has been the norm throughout the entirety of this project, deadlines are hard to hit for something you love but doesn't pay your bills, and something usually comes up to occupy my time with pointless trivial pursuits instead of the honorable work of wordsmithery.

Soon, my brothers. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment